|The 1896 OS map of Brookmans Park and Water End|
Map courtesy of the Royal Library of Scotland
Old Ordnance Survey maps of North Mymms
25 inch to the mile maps
We have nine maps in this collection.
- Maps of Welham Green and Marshmoor
- Maps of Brookmans Park and Water End
- Maps of Brookmans Park Great North Road area
- Maps of the Bell Bar area
- Maps of the Little Heath area
- Maps of the North Mymms Park area
- Maps of the Colney Heath area
- Maps of the Roestock area
- Maps of the Mimmshall Wood area
6 inch to the mile maps
We have four maps in this collection.
- Maps of north-west North Mymms
- Maps of north-east North Mymms
- Maps of south-west North Mymms
- Maps of south-east North Mymms
Viewing old maps and modern satellite images side-by-side
The NLS offers a novel way to enjoy exploring the old OS maps alongside the latest satellite images. To do this you have to use the side-by-side functionality. Here's how to do it:
- Click on the NLS home page
- Click on link marked Ordnance Survey maps
- Click on link marked 'Browse all Ordnance Survey maps for a place'
- A pop up box will appear top left. At the top right of the pop up box click on the 'x' to remove it.
- Use the 'search' box top left then follow the instruction to "type a modern place name..."
- When the place you want to explore appears use the drop-down menu bottom left to select 'OS 25 inch'
- When the map loads click the 'Side by Side' link at the top of the page
- Another pop up will appear on the left. Click the 'x' to remove it.
- Enjoy exploring by dragging the map around the screen to find the area you want to compare.
Old Bartholomew & Sons maps of Hertfordshire
We have also added a collection of three maps of Hertfordshire by the map makers Bartholomew & Sons. The maps cover the periods 1902-1906, 1919-1924, and 1940-1947. Click here to view that collection.
Post a Comment
Comments on this piece
If you have any information to add to this item, please use the comment box below. We welcome input and are keen to update any piece with new research or information. Comments are pre-moderated, so there will be a delay before they go live. Thanks
If you require any further information relating to this, or any other item, please use the contact form, because we are unable to reply directly to you via this comment box. You can access it from the 'contact us' link at the top of any page on the website, at the bottom of the right hand side of the website, or at the bottom of any page.