Welham Green - Pictures From The Past

NORTH MYMMS PICTURES FROM THE PAST



Photograph of a horse and trap outside the Sibthorpe Arms, Welham Green

Welham Green


This is one of a dozen sections from North Mymms Pictures From The Past, a book published in 2002 by the former North Mymms Local History Society, featuring more than 100 old photographs of the parish. The majority of the photographs are on the Images Of North Mymms collection of CDs. To access all sections, please scroll down to the index at the foot of this page.




Photograph - Watersplash, Station Road, 1903. Originally known as Water Cross.
Watersplash, Station Road, 1903. Originally known as Water Cross.

Photograph - Paine's Cottage and barn, Station Road, 1958. Built by Nash Bros. as tied cottages for Potterells Farm, has since been replaced by houses.
Paine's Cottage and barn, Station Road, 1958
Built by Nash Bros. as tied cottages for Potterells Farm, has since been replaced by houses


Photograph of Nash's Corner 1900. Trees were stored on the green by Nash Bros. to weather for coffin making
Nash's Corner 1900
Trees were stored on the green by Nash Bros. to weather for coffin making


Photograph of Nash's Corner Welham Green in 1970
Same view of Nash's Corner, Welham Green in 1970

Photograph of Pancake Hall Cottages, Dixons Hill, demolished in the 1900s
 Pancake Hall Cottages, Dixons Hill, demolished in the 1900s


Photograph of North Mymms Post Office, Dellsome Lane 1967 The Post Office was originally in Holloways Lane
North Mymms Post Office, Dellsome Lane 1967
The Post Office was originally in Holloways Lane

Photograph of Meadow Works, Bulls Lane 1967. Factory used by Addo and Polycell. Site sold for housing Meadow Close.
Meadow Works, Bulls Lane 1967
Factory used by Addo and Polycell - site sold for housing Meadow Close

Photograph of North Mymms Stores, Dixons Hill Road 1927. Closed 1981 and replaced by block of flats - Welham Court
North Mymms Stores, Dixons Hill Road 1927
Closed 1981 and replaced by block of flats - Welham Court


Photograph of Sibthorpe Road 1900. Edward Randle in his chair
Sibthorpe Road 1900 - Edward Randle in his chair

Photograph of Saltmarsh Stores, 5 Sibthorpe Road, 1936. Daughter Rhoda with her cat. Now a private house
Saltmarsh Stores, 5 Sibthorpe Road, 1936
Daughter Rhoda with her cat - site now a private house

Photograph of Potterells 1900s
Potterells 1900s


Photograph of Mrs Clary 1868 housekeeper at Potterells (aged 63). Her husband Frederick was the butler
Mrs Clary 1868 housekeeper at Potterells (aged 63)
Her husband Frederick was the butler


Photograph of Welham Antiques, Station Road, 1974 run by the late Mrs Curley; now a private residence
Welham Antiques, Station Road, 1974 run by the late Mrs Curley; now a private residence

Photograph of Sunnyside Cottages, Dixons Hill Road, 1900s on the corner of Station Road
Sunnyside Cottages, Dixons Hill Road, 1900s on the corner of Station Road



NORTH MYMMS PICTURES FROM THE PAST

Chapters



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any information to add to this item, please use the comment box below. We welcome input and are keen to update any piece with new research or information. Comments are pre-moderated, so there will be a delay before they go live. Thanks