Landmarks - Pictures From The Past

NORTH MYMMS PICTURES FROM THE PAST

Photograph of the last working gas lamp in the area on Warrengate Road, removed 1969
The last working gas lamp in the area on Warrengate Road, removed 1969


Landmarks


This is one of a dozen sections from North Mymms Pictures From The Past, a book published in 2002 by the former North Mymms Local History Society, featuring more than 100 old photographs of the parish. The majority of the photographs are on the Images Of North Mymms collection of CDs. To access all sections, please scroll down to the index at the foot of this page.


Photograph of Coal duty marker on the railway embankment at Hawkshead erected 1851
Coal duty marker on the railway embankment at Hawkshead erected 1851

Photograph of the boundary post on the railway bank south of Hawkshead bridge, erected by LNER in 1934-5, names removed 1940
The boundary post on the railway bank south of Hawkshead bridge
Erected by LNER in 1934-5, names removed 1940
Photograph of Gasometer Bulls Lane 1966 Train travelling from Welwyn Garden City
Gasometer Bulls Lane 1966 - train travelling from Welwyn Garden City

Photograph of North Mymms Pumping Station July 1966 Warrengate Road, Water End
North Mymms Pumping Station July 1966 Warrengate Road, Water End


Photograph of the Old pump house with first electrically driven pump which replaced the steam driven power until July 1966
Old pump house with first electrically driven pump
which replaced the steam driven power until July 1966



NORTH MYMMS PICTURES FROM THE PAST

Chapters



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any information to add to this item, please use the comment box below. We welcome input and are keen to update any piece with new research or information. Comments are pre-moderated, so there will be a delay before they go live. Thanks