How to search the North Mymms History Project
Drilling down for better results
- Type a term in the search box at the top right of any page then click 'Search'
- A list of articles that contain the term will appear
- Click on the headline of the article, or the words 'Read more >>, to reveal the entire piece
- Use the command or control button on your keyboard (see images below) together with the 'F' key open a new search box which will appear at the top of the page you are viewing
- Type the term you are searching for in this new box and press return
- All instances of that term will now be colour highlighted
- In cases where an articles has an embedded PDF, you can click on the 'pop-out' icon (see image below) at the top right of the PDF to open it in full screen mode and then use the command/control + 'F' system mentioned above.
- Scroll the document looking for the highlighted words in order to see the context in which the term has been used.
Comments and information welcome
If you have anything to add to this feature, or just want to add your comments, please use the comment box below.