How to search the North Mymms History Project
Drilling down for better results
- Type a term in the search box at the top right of any page then click 'Search'
- If you are searching for a particular term, put it in quote marks, for example "East India Company"
- A list of articles that contain the term will appear
- Click on the headline of the article, to reveal the entire piece
- Use the command or control button on your keyboard (see images below) together with the 'F' key open a new search box which will appear at the top of the page you are viewing
- Type the term you are searching for in this new box and press return
- All instances of that term will now be colour highlighted
- In cases where an articles has an embedded PDF, you can click on the 'pop-out' icon (see image below) at the top right of the PDF to open it in full screen mode and then use the command/control + 'F' system mentioned above.
- Scroll the document looking for the highlighted words in order to see the context in which the term has been used.